Patient Rights and Responsibilities at West Coast Fertility Centers
We respect the rights of our patients and recognize that each person is an individual with different needs. To the extent possible, we will provide:
- Equitable, unbiased, considerate and respectful care by competent personnel in a safe environment.
- Treatment without discrimination as to your race, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ability to pay, or illness. Patients are provided appropriate privacy regarding medical records and during interviews, examination, treatment, and consultation. Be assured you will receive physical privacy that is appropriate to the medical care. Medical information will not be released without patient’s written consent.
- The opportunity to participate in decisions involving your health care.
- Complete and current information concerning your diagnosis, treatment and prognosis to you or your designee.
- Informed consent process for any and all treatments and procedures (with the exception of emergency medical care). The informed-consent process includes an explanation of the treatment or procedure; any alternative treatments or procedures; the intent, and possible complications of the treatment or procedure; and the anticipated outcome.
- Complete and adequate discharge instructions after treatment to insure continuity of care.
- Explanation of the cost for testing and treatment and explanation of your bill.
- The opportunity to submit any concerns in writing and to receive an appropriate response.
- The opportunity, if you wish, to formulate advance directives and appoint someone else to make health care decisions to the extent permitted by law.
Prospective patient have certain responsibilities to ensure we are prepared to offer the care you need.
- Cooperate with the physicians and health care providers. All prospective patients, male or female, treated at WCFC must disclose any current or past medical condition including the use of prescription medications, illicit or recreational drugs, rehabilitation treatments, psychiatric conditions, drug addictions past or present. Provide our physicians and staff with a complete and honest history about illnesses, hospitalizations, medications and other matters related to your health. Please be truthful accurate in all information you provide us.
- All persons undergoing testing or treatment at WCFC must present a current, valid, government issued photo identification which must be acceptable to the administrative staff.
- All patients must be compliant with statutory reproductive regulations in California.
- All patients must conduct themselves in a professional manner, treating WCFC staff with respect and courtesy. WCFC reserve the right to terminate service to any patient by providing 30 days notice.
- You are expected to arrive promptly for appointments or provide timely notice when cancelling.
- Please be patient when an appointment is delayed; keep in mind that an emergency may be taking place.
- All financial obligations must be met before any treatment can be started. If unsure, please ask.
- Notify WCFC if there is any problem or dissatisfaction with care or services.
- Patients with children are asked to respect the feelings of those who are struggling with infertility. Kindly make arrangements for childcare in your home.
- Everyone’s time is valuable. When cancelling an appointment, we require 48 hours to avoid a $100 fee.